Tuesday, February 23, 2016

What is in a name?

So suggestions have come in that I change my pen name from M.D. Robinson to something more discover-able such as Michael D Robinson.  Now I have thought on this a lot and wondered if there is anyone with an opinion out there [I know there are...].

The reason I use M.D. is because it is somewhat more unique in names from Mike or Michael since there are millions of those.  There are online databases that list combinations of names and last I came across it there were over 4 million people named Mike Robinson if I remember correctly.  The down side is that MD is also a very popular title and so I lumped in with all of those in that profession.

So the question I pose is, what do you think?  M.D. Robinson or Michael D Robinson or some other idea?

No comments:

Post a Comment