Monday, January 1, 2018

Ol' Friend

By M.D. Robinson

Hello, ol' friend,
It’s been a while, I know,
But here you are again,
Greeting me, just as before.

Hello, ol' friend,
I’ve returned, it’s true,
I know I left without goodbye,
I left mostly because of you.

Hello, ol' friend,
There you are again,
Embracing me, welcoming me,
As if I never left.

Your enfolding embrace,
Brings such memories,
Such a wellspring of feelings,
Of a life not many know.

You were with me as a boy,
Being constantly there,
Watching me grow and play,
Always near yet far.

You were there again,
As I went to college,
Torturing me with your fierceness,
Unforgiving with your love?

Later as a man,
You embraced me on any day,
Not really aware of my mood,
Just there for the reminder.

Now having left,
I have returned,
And found that I missed you,
Your icy chill refreshing all the same.

Many curse you, you know,
You’re not liked by any,
I have found though,
That you carry my memories.

You remind me of my childhood,
My years of love, and pain,
You were there as I grew,
From a boy to a man.

There aren’t many who'll admit,
But having returned to Wyoming,
I have found my ol' friend, once again,
I missed you, your embrace, your rush.

Now, I have returned,
Things seem so right,
I know my purpose,
As well as yours.

Many still curse you,
But not I,
I know you,

My ol’ friend, WIND!

No comments:

Post a Comment